Friday, February 8, 2013

Project Life 2013 style


This is my fourth year doing project life and I have to say the finished books are one of my biggest treasures.  I look back on our older albums and it brings what life was like then all back to recent memory.  Recording the funny things the kids did, their silly words, and all the particular details of those days is something that is easily forgotten.  I love that it not only captures the big events but really concentrates on the day to day activities and the little things that really shape our lives.

The only thing is that it does take a lot of time and I always seem to be digging myself out of a hole to get caught up. Something needed to change this year because it shouldn't be a source of stress..right?  I have been struggling as to what exactly that change was going to be so I haven't even started our 2013 album...or put the finishing touches on 2012 (see?).  Eeeks..

However, while the kids were in school yesterday it all became clear to me and I decided exactly what I was going to do. This year, instead of concentrating on getting a photo everyday, I am instead going to log the week's events.  If I have a picture for each day..great.. if not, I am sure I'll have enough documentation for the week.  I also am going to go completely digital which takes out so many steps for me. It finally became clear to me and I was ready to dive in again. I did the first week of year layout yesterday and I already have renewed energy for this much beloved project.

I plan on sharing them here on the blog so hopefully once I can get all caught up, I'll be able to share one every week.   But until then, here is what life looked like for us the first week of the new year.

The complete layout
Here's a closer look at each side.
Left side

Right side


1 comment:

Kim said...

Love it! You get better each year!