Wednesday, February 6, 2013

just 10 minutes

As I rounded the corner of the elementary school parking lot, in line with so  many other parents anxiously waiting to pick up their kids after school,  I quickly tried to find MC to make sure she saw the car.  Our eyes met and she came running down the sidewalk wearing her "i am a  very proud kindergartener hat!"  I smiled and welcomed her into the  car telling her she had the best looking hat ever! She then she proceeded to tell me the story of her 100th day of school.  A magical day it was indeed.


We arrived home minutes later and after she ate a quick snack of animal crackers and water I asked if I can have just 10 minutes to take her picture for her upcoming birthday party invitation.
"Sure mom..10 minutes!" So after a quick shirt change and before leaving for swim class,  I snapped a few photographs of my soon to be six year old.

We turned on one of her favorite songs--- Fireworks, by Katy Perry--- and I just told her to show me her sweet smile and do a happy dance.  Click Click Click.....  I so love this girl and her fun, let it all go, personality.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
























Be still my beating heart. Thank you Makenna...10 minutes for momma gives us a chance to hold onto this moment forever.   Now if only I can get your brother to give me just. 10. minutes.  ;) HA!

1 comment:

Nana said...

I fall in love over and over with this amazing child. She is so sweet.