Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ten on TUESDAY...

1. Happy Birthday America!   Celebrating our freedom, grateful for our safety and security and so thankful for all the sacrifices undertaken by those serving and their families.  Yesterday, and everyday, we honor you.  AND Thank you.

2. Yesterday after Scott and I rode a metric century(62 miles) on our bikes, we headed to the Bolingbrook Golf Club for our village's annual festivities.   Popcorn is all American, isn't it?

3. This?  Not so much, and not even sure if I want to ask.  LOL =))

we sure know how to have fun!

4.  Seriously...we had so much fun on a beautiful evening. 


5.  This past weekend we also visited the Lisle Balloon Fest.  I have been wanting to do this for years, and it always seems like something else is going on, so it was great to finally go and see what it's all about. We had a super time walking the air field and spending the evening with our great friends. Here's a little video montage Scott put together.



{ The kids have our old iphones and their favorite thing to watch on them are these videos Daddy creates.  They watch them over and over and over.  They love Daddy's creativity (and so do I)}

6. I am wrapping up with my eight week photography class.  I have learned so much and have had a few AHA! moments.  If photography is a passion of yours and you are looking to expand your knowledge and skill set, this class is definitely worth every penny.  Look no further... Karen will not disappoint!

7. I have several scrap booking layouts to share soon.  I recently did a bunch of paper layouts and it was so much fun to work with paper supplies again.  I definitely enjoy both the traditional paper as well as digital scrapping worlds.  I now just need to take pictures of them so I can show you!

8. Scott and I are continuing on our fitness goals and moving right along.  Scott has a couple Olympic Triathlons in the next month and I have a another Duathlon.

9. AND....I signed up for a Half Marathon.  Who me?? Yes, me.   I still find myself a little surprised by it and on days I don't run, I wonder.  But then I lace up my shoes, put on my tunes and hit the streets or the track, and say...yes I can do this and I will do this and I love THIS.   I am up to 7 mile runs so I am already halfway there!

10. Lately I have been back to my ways with cooking.  Or let's say, lack of cooking.  This week I vowed to my kids and my super totally understanding husband, that we would eat at home for the week.  Well, eat at home at least Tues (thankyouholidaymonday) to Friday.  First day...check!  Chicken pot pie, corn on the cob and watermelon.  So far, so good!

Better post this before Wednesday! G'night..

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love the new post! Great pics and nice highlights (even laughed out loud with the frisbee dance). Life is good. xoxo