Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Last week, Makenna overcame (again) her need to have her lovey Alfie with her during the day.  Limiting Alfie to bedtime also limits her thumb sucking since they usually go hand in hand.  And guess what....she did it with flying colors!  Surprisingly it was really quite easy. Yea MC...way to go little girl, we are so proud of you!

2.  And this week, my goal is to rid Rylan's pacifier, except for sleep. I thought this may be a bit tougher, but honestly it's gone pretty smoothly so far!  He occasionally asks for it but with the gentle nudge of, "you are such a big boy, that you only need the ba ba for sleep," he continues on with his day.  It certainly helps that he can reason with you and seems to really understand as well. Yea Ry!!

3. I can hardly believe we are in the last dog days of July already.  Although we have spent a lot of time indoors lately because of this crazy heat and humidity, August can't be here already, can it?  M starts school in just 4 weeks...so hard to believe!  We still have so much we need to do to cross off of summer to do lists.

4. We are planning our first family driving vacation and are so very excited!  Charelston, South Carolina here we come in just a few weeks.  A week spent together will be a bit of heaven!  I think the kids will do well in the car, although I am sure there will be moments where Scott and I will be wondering why the car was a great idea, anyways.  "Are we there yet?" will be asked 939475032570347 times and I am sure there will be many, "can we please use our inside voices in the car" spoken, but we are excited to see how it goes and see the land by car.  Wish us luck!

5.  Weight Watchers lifetime program just added another member to their list.  Woot woot for me!  I am so very excited and now those dollars can be coaching dollars as I am continuing my training for one last duathlon right before heading for vacation and then the Half Marathon in November.


6. I spoke with my coach today and she asked me if I had ever been a runner before?  Umm...NOPE! I actually have always hated it with a passion.  I did do a few 5K's and maybe an 8K once or twice in my late 20's, but I didn't really like it, just liked what it did for me.  So, in response to her question I asked, Why?  And her reply made my day..."because do you realize how fast you are running, and how far you are going..and how you have accomplished so much, so very quickly?"  Well, yes and no...but her saying those words to me made me smile and happy all day long.  Thanks Val.

7. My picture a day album is still going strong.  I had to play a little catch up with the layouts but they are all coming together.  I have updated it through May and I hope to have it all current by the end of the week.  No small task, for sure..but when I look at all those daily captures of our lives, it just makes me happy!

To miss documenting these everyday moments???  NEVER....

It's worth all the time and effort, ten fold.



8. While the weather is nice to us (read: warm and sunny, but bearable), we have been busy playing at the zoo.




9. And when it's so HOT outside, we melt, literally and the humidity makes it difficult to breath...we play indoors.


10.  Although life is far from easy and has it's ups and downs, life is good and these two remind me each day to live it to the fullest.  Hope you are having a wonderful summer, having fun playing in the sun and never forgetting the child within us.  Happy end of July!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a wonderful, positive, uplifting blog post!! Woot Woot, Yahoo, You Go Girl ............congrats on Lifetime!! And your running abilities - never expected you to be a runner, but you are a world class athlete! Your pics, and collages, are, as always, FABULOUS! You rock at everything you do! xoxox

Gammie said...

Congrats Kelly on achieving Lifetime! You look marvelous. Have fun on the family vacation. Hot in AZ, Aunt Alice