Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ten on Tuesday!

1.  We just about lost this house yesterday in the storms.  The kids melted in tears as it flew off the patio, but thankfully it seems to be ok.  Phew..  I thought I was actually have to go out and buy one!

2. We spent today at Kids Town. Awesome place for toddlers and preschoolers and for the first time, I was able to play with the kids and not worry or be stressed about where each one of them were.  It is a nice closed environment...big enough for the kids to roam, but small enough to know where all your kids are too.  For all you local parents, you might want to check it out.  We will definitely be back!

3. With the temperatures getting a little more pallatable outside the latter part of this week, I think we might take in the zoo tomorrow or Thursday. I love taking the kids places and they just soak in every moment of joy that is available.  And I love that.

4. After spending 5 hours at Kids Town today (yes...all afternoon, which is also a first for us), we made a run to Costco to get our fruit and milk and everything else we buy there.  I planned on a pizza dinner in their little cafe before shopping, but come to find out their cafe only takes cash.  Oh man... With only $2 on hand, the kids split a piece of pizza which left momma hungry.   ( I felt like the boxcar family...read those books??) When we got home, I was starving..chew my hand off hungry.  Leaving the kids in the car, I unpacked our purchases and relished the quiet for a few moments.  And still so very  hungry, I decided to grab a yogurt and a plum and devour it. In the quiet of the house.  While the kids were still safely buckled in their car.  In their car seats.

5. Tell me I'm not the only mother to take advantage of a few (extended) moments of quiet?? If you aren't a parent, don't judge because I would of thought the same way before starting on this journey of motherhood.

6.  It was nice..I felt like I at least got something quick to eat to stop the knawing, and it was quiet.  Ahhhh....
I went back out to the garage, and the Makenna was happily sharing her stickers with Rylan, giggling away.  See...all good!!!!  :D

7. MC and Rylan play so nicely together these days.  It's great to see their relationship blossom and become buds, friends and close siblings.  Of course, they still have their moments of annoyance with one another, but most of the time they play great together and look out for one another.  Today at Kids Town, anytime Rylan lost sight of his sister, he would look around for her,  saying "seeester??" until he found her.  One time he was so excited to see her, he ran up and gave her a big hug.  L.O.V.E.  Moments like this make me feel like I am doing something right.

8.  Makenna is all about her sundresses.  Really, that is all she will wear and her shorts and t-shirts and even her skirts, lay quietly in her dresser drawers.  If only I knew that before I bought her summer attire..  :-D

9. Scott is supposed to race on Saturday but with the projected heat index of over 100 degrees, it is now in question.  I am so glad he is not one of those people who believe in toughing it out, despite the weather conditions.  So, we shall see!

10. Hope you are enjoying your summer with some fun times, and of course, with Ice Cream! xo


No comments: