Tuesday, April 5, 2011

 Ten on Tuesday

a few Makenna-isms to start..

1. MC "Momma..is it sometimes hard to be a mommy?"
    me... "yes, at times it is makenna.  Why?"
    MC " It's sometimes hard to be a big sister too."

(and it must of been on her mind that day since she asked Daddy the same thing that night)

2. MC adores having Daddy tuck her into bed each night.   One of the songs M request from Daddy is "it had to be you.."
Scott was telling me that when he sings it to her, she sings along.
Daddy..."it had to be you.."
M.........."it had to be me.."

seriously cute...

3. This morning Makenna woke up, got herself dressed in her usual skirt, tights and short sleeved shirt, brushed her hair and put in a headband and ran into my room with much gusto saying.. "i'm ready to go to school now!"  Do you think she was excited to return to school after spring break???

4. She then proceeded to go into Rylan's room and entertain him while I woke up.  (love her!) They both really enjoy each other these days which is really cool to see.  Sure they have their moments, but their playful time together definitely outnumbers those typical sibling clashes.

5. Scott left for hot, sunny Arizona last Friday for a business conference and will return late Thursday night.  The kids are doing great this time around, and although they both ask about Daddy daily, they have been really good.  Thanks kiddos!!  oxxo ( but hurry on home Daddy...)

6.  We had a fun spring break.  We did a lot of things locally and spent lots of time playing together at home. Here are just a few of our adventures.











7.  I think technology has changed the way we do things. The way we get information.  The way we process information.  I started this blog long before blogging became trendy..just as a way for people we love to watch our family grow, see a bit of our life in words and pictures.  And I believe that still is the intention and purpose of our family blog.

However, many other people have chosen to keep a blog with a slightly different purpose but still sharing a bit of themselves.  There are now great blogs with in depth information educating their readers on anything from cooking to photography to organization, and I think this is pretty cool.  In fact, I think blog reading has replaced a lot of my magazine reading and find myself turning to the internet and blogs for recipes or  information on a specific topic.

And as with everything, I find that I weave in and out of blogs for one reason or another so I am always looking for new inspiration.  I always appreciate when I am led to a fabulous blog by someone else so here are a few that I have been enjoying lately.

http://www.kellehampton.com/2011/04/weekend-uh-bentures.html (love her outlook on life)

http://erincobb.com/ThePigBear/?p=5054 ( love her photography..so natural, so real)

http://thecreativemama.com/

http://www.ourbestbites.com/ (yum!  I have tried a few of their recipes and oh so good!)

and a few that I have just been turned on to...

http://thishomemadelife.com/

http://deliciouslyorganic.net/

8.  Even though this photo is blurry..i love it!  So them right now...
hello my heart!


9. and so is this!


10.  And...Somebody is learning the important life lessons from his sister.

And now I am so exhausted, I must go to bed.  Nighty night..
xoxo, kelly

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love your Ten on Tuesdays! I love the stories, the insights, and all the pictures. What a wonderful life you have, and provide for Sweet Pea and Rylan! Love you!!! xoxox

PS - I also love that Sweet Pea has favorite songs, depending on who is singing. Tonight, listening to Phil sing to her, made my heart melt. and love the story of Scott's song. xoxo