Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ten on Tuesday
       even though it's Wednesday...


1. Spring has sprung here in Illinois.  The weather is consistently warmer, the tree's are sporting their new buds, our first bulb flowers are starting to pop, and we have been able to spend lots of time outside playing, reacquainting ourselves to our neighbors, cleaning the yard and yes, seeing all the evidence of what our undesired residential bunnies have done to our landscaping :(.
I do love the change of seasons and there's something so refreshing about Spring.  Hello and welcome..

2. And this is what Spring looks like to us.



3.  This past weekend, Scott and I unexpectedly were handed a bib into Chicago's Shamrock Shuffle 8k Run.  Seriously..We were both so excited to have this opportunity and were thrilled to run through the streets of the city with thousands of people.  (Yes, I am still surprising myself at my excitement).  It ended up being a beautiful summer day!  My goal was to do it in an hour and run proudly without any of my GI issues (check  x 2..had a bit of cramping afterwards :( but not too bad), and Scott ran 7 min miles without a blink.  Ok..jack rabbit..you make it look easy but I am so very proud of you!



4. That saying, there is Less than SIX weeks to Galena!  Woot woot~  We are both so excited!!!

5. A BIG shout out to my mom who is one of our biggest supporters of our athletic lifestyle.  She gets it..understands that it doesn't take away from our family but rather enriches it, and that being active makes us better parents and individuals.  She helped me through a few long workouts last week when Scott was traveling by watching the kids and she is always there to see how she can help (and I think she is one of the busiest people I know).

When I told her I was running the Shamrock Shuffle in less than 24 hours...her response, "awesome, can I come to cheer you on?"  And hours later when we found out Scott can have a bib too and I had to ask her if she can watch the kids while Scott runs too.."Of course!"

And you can guess who is cheering us on in Galena...yep..mom and the kids!

Mom..we love you,  appreciate you and both are so very grateful for all of your support, understanding and help!  You ROCK!!!

6.  And on that same note...Scott told me in passing last week.."I love being a two athlete family."
That comment has remained in my head.
Even though I don't think that is possible...I think I love him even more.

7. My little brother is turning 29 this week.  How is that even possible??
Happy Birthday BRAD!

8.  And mom...does that mean that you are NOW the same age as your son????  (ha ha ha)

9. Scott is now back in town.  Yippeee!  We are all so excited to have him home for awhile.  We did good while he was gone, but life is so much sweeter when we are together.

10. Well since this is already a few hours late, and I am being requested to make a tent for little miss MC, I will say good bye for now.  I hope you are enjoying the blooms of Spring and some fresh air.  back soon...K

No comments: