Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TEn on TUESday

1.  Makenna just told me she loves Justin Bieber.  What??  I don't think I heard that right.  HOw does she even know the name! {sheisgrowingupwaytoofastforthismomma}

2. Last week I was on a roll with making dinners.  Each and every night.
And anybody who knows me, knows that this is not the usual.
Having dinner on the table when the husband arrives home is so not me!
But once in a while, I enjoy it.  For a very short time, that is.
We enjoyed trying new recipes while seeking out some great vegetarian options.  Scott was out of town in the beginning of the week, so I  made a few of the kids favorites- Tuna Noodle Casserole and Turkey Mac. The rest of the week looked like this.
WED. Zuchinni Enchiladas
THUR. Vegetarian Pad Thai
FRI. Spinach Turkey Calzones
SUN. Black Bean Cakes

all new recipes and all so very good!

3. Ahhh...now I need a break from cooking. LOL

4. Rain and 40 degree weather makes for a bad week of spring fun.  I know April is wet...but so cold too?  And so very dark.  It is mid day and dark as 10 pm. Warmer weather and sunshine please come back.

5. Last night while we were sitting down at dinner, Scott got up to grab something from the cabinet.  When something tumbled out of the cabinet, in the most calm and serious voice Makenna saids,
"Jesus Christ. That did not sound good.  Some days are better than others."

Yes, we tried to discreetly laugh, trying not to encourage such words but I think she caught on anyways.

"Did I say something so very funny?" she saids.

6. Later during dinner, she was trying to tell us Woody from Toy Story has a snake in his boot. When I misunderstood her and said Willy..a snake in a boot??, she told me, "no mom..Woody..repeat after me...wooood..............deeee...

7. She makes us laugh and last night she was sure on a roll.  We love her and all that she brings to our family.

8.  Speaking of Makenna- she is signed up for her first race!  She is so very excited and asks us every day if it is "running day yet??".
http://www.runlikeamotherrace.com/

We'll be doing the 1 mile kid race together, mother and daughter and then I'll run the 5k race.
Perfect start to Mother's DAy, I must say, because taking care of me is as much for me as it is for her.
A healthy, fit, happy momma is the best gift I can ever give her, right?

9. Project Life 2011 is up to date and I have done a pretty great job on staying on target.  Yea me!  Here are a couple of my favorites lately.
And you can always click on the link at the right to see the entire photo stream.





10. The movie Tangled has been playing in our house at every chance MC gets. Which also means the play kitchen frying pan has been very active... :0

Disney..can you please think about these things with the next movie? please.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Love it all, as usual! You capture the essence of each of the kids, and it is wonderful. I love the pics, the narratives, love it all. And thanks for the callout, but I love being with them, and with you and Scott too. Love you all! xoxox

Brad said...

those pictures as a doctor are so cute!