Saturday, March 12, 2011

SUCCESS! for a runner wanna be..


Today I put my training to the test and ran my first 5k this season.
It was actually a lot of fun despite the hills (don't we live in illinois?) and the wind gusts of 20 mph.
I shaved off minutes off my previous times, enjoyed it and didn't have any GI problems which have plagued me in the past. Yippee Yahoo!  I am so excited and even more thrilled to rock those hills of Galena in May.

A big THANK YOU to my awesome fans, Scott and Rylan, who braved the winds and the cold to cheer me on. (Makenna was having a fun weekend at her grandparents house)  I couldn't wait to see you 2 at the finish line!! xo

1 comment:

Proud Mom said...

Yipee Yahoo is RIGHT!!!!!!!!! You rock, girl, and I am so proud of you, tackling this challenge, and rocking it. And a great page too! Love you so much. xoxox