Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  My thoughts and prayers are with the Kiwi's.  Second earthquake in just months in New Zealand and the devastation is just horrible.   Horrible. May everyone who is injured find the help they need and the ground underneath them settle. I can't imagine living through such a horrible nightmare.  My heart just weeps for them.

2. We have a 4 year old in the house!!  Makenna Claire celebrated her birthday yesterday and had such a fun filled day.  She is proud to tell everyone her new age and of course eagerly soaked in all the attention.

3. Makenna is actually having one very exciting week.  This week she is also Star of the Week at school so Scott and I were able to visit her classroom this morning and see first hand what preschool is all about.  It was really neat to see how well behaved that many kids can be within the given structure.  MC was able to tell everyone about herself during circle time and share her poster board of pictures to the class.  The video coverage shot by none the less, our iphone is in the post below.

4. And tonight was her music program at the school.  Her teacher commented on Makenna's enthusiastic love for music and that if she was missing, it would be noticed.  Ha!

5. Maybe that's why Mommy and Daddy thought she needed THIS for her birthday.


6.  The kids went to the pediatrician's this afternoon for their 4 year old and 18 month check ups which of course includes immunizations for both of them.  {{Well, maybe this won't be a highlight in MC's week, although she did awesome!}

7. MC can't wait for her official Parteee!  on Saturday.  She is over the moon excited and is counting down the moments.  Seriously. For her, the party = her birthday and I can't say I blame her.
What an exciting week for her!

8. I have a love hate relationship with running.  I have never been a runner but love what it does to my body and love the way I feel afterwards...  And to top it off, I have had stomach distress after running on too many occassions.  Hence, my dislike for the activity.  However, I have never given up on it!

  It's easy to bring a pair of shoes and run wherever you are, right?  What other excercise is that simple?  So, I am at it again.  Four weeks into  a guided plan by Scott's triathlete coach, I am progressing beautifully and guess what?  It's getting easier, more enjoyable (somewhat) and I haven't had any GI issues.  Woot woot for sure.

And this morning...my first continuous run for 30 min since working starting the program.  Having successfully accomplished this first goal, I am very excited for what the future looks like!

9.  If that's not enough to make me happy, I was one of the lucky 50 to get into this photography class--http://www.snapshotsofagoodlife.com/index.cgi?p=schedules
Seeing that I was #1300 something on the waiting list for her last class (literally..thirteen hundred something), I am so thrilled to have a seat in this class!  I really think this is the last piece of the puzzle for my emerging photography skills.

10.  And with that, this momma is so very tired.  It's been a busy few days, and the rest of the week is just as hectic so I am signing off and retreating under the covers.  Night night to Tuesday.

xo,K

1 comment:

Mom/Nana said...

What a great week! Makenna Claire turning four, a great concert, a very happy birthday......and the party still to come. BTW, your link to the guitar didn't work. But I look forward to seeing this little girl on stage with her guitar in the future! xoxox