Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love surrounds Us.

Valentine's Day...a day that has never really meant much to me.  It is a hallmark holiday after all, and really what is the point of it all?  Expensive, overpriced events and dinners..lots of money spent on flowers, perhaps?

I personally don't relish in that and I believe in showing love for one another in every day little ways.  Scott making me coffee each morning and making me sure I have enough "me" time to work on my hobbies and take care of my self, my being.  The 'i love you's' that my family expresses to one another throughout the day.  The spontaneous hugs and kisses, my kids playing nicely with one another, Scott cooking for us or doing a few loads of laundry....It's all in those things that demonstrate Love.

Saying that, I have to admit that it is fun to make it a special kind of day for the kids.  Keeping it simple, but indulging a bit too.  This year we decided to have a surprise breakfast feast before Scott headed off to work and the kids and I went to playgroup.

Scott and I made heart valentines that covered the table and decorated the kitchen the night before.




We made a delicious meal of course adhering to the love theme...
heart pancakes,
red berry smoothies
and a special treat..nutella/berry grilled heart sandwiches.

It was all good!




And a few "gifts of love" were at the table as well.



                 {{{Our budding photographer MC took the pic of mommy and daddy.  =)}}}

Of course we had to have a few tasty sweets as well.  YUM!







It was a fun morning and one I am sure Makenna Claire and Rylan will remember for a bit.
The little things... It's all in the little things...

We hope you all had a wonderful heart day as well!  May love be in your hearts each and every day!
 xo

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love, love, love all of the great things you do for your children. What a special day and a special memory. Lucky them, and lucky you! Love, Love, love you! Mom