Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ten on Tuesday...

 {A bunch of Randomness}

1. Whew..all done with Halloween festivities.  After 2 weeks and at least a half dozen events, the costumes have been retired.  Jessie and the Giraffe certainly had a work out and we all had a ton of fun.



2. Makenna Claire thoroughly enjoyed all the parties, games and trick or treats.  When she had the choice, she certainly always chose a dum dum sucker so now we have a huge collection..want some? We have plenty to share!
 She also thought it was pretty funny to sing THE traditional halloween song, although thankfully she had very good etiquette while T &T'ing.  Oh, you know it..."trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat..and if you can't, I will pull down your underwear."  Yep, you knew it.  Nice, right?  Kids..

3. When T&T'ing,  One must always look inside the side door glass panels to see if anybody is home.  Well, if you are a three year old anyways.

4. If you don't have any of these yet for your home, I will assure you that they are awesome!  They work wonderfully and is so much stronger than even a great Yankee candle.

5. Rylan thinks it's the funniest game to gather the dirt in my plants and throw it on the floor.
"Rylan!",  I say and he giggles in delight.  Hence the baracade of chairs around the plant...However, this afternoon I caught MC teaching R how to go through the chairs and telling him it's just a "fun obstacle course."  Seriously??

6. Speaking of MC, we have had two weeks where M thinks our home is her art canvas.  Last week it was chalk-drawn on the carpet and on the walls.  Today..colored pencils..on the carpet, on the walls, on their height charts.  Very artistically done, but oh. my. goodness.  So, this afternoon she couldn't play in her playroom.  At. All.  I'm sure it was more painful for me than for her, but I am hoping it will show her she needs to care for her things, otherwise she won't have them.  We'll see. It'll definitely be a while before those writing tools will be returned to the playroom.  (Thankfully it all came out with a decent scrub..phew..I thought I saw a painting job ahead of me!)

7. Rylan is back to sleeping throughout the night.  Three cheers for him!!  And for Mommy and Daddy!

8. Back to Halloween..Makenna didn't ask for one piece of candy  yesterday or today.  Not ONE!  She had her share on Halloween, for sure, but I am a bit surprised she didn't think to have some of her loot.  I guess I'll just retire the candy to high up in the cabinet for a rainy day.  To her Halloween is certainly just about all the fun celebrations..I hope it's always this way!! ;)

9. I have yet to have one piece of candy myself.  Yippee!  Not that I won't indulge myself at some point, but not this week!  Not having my regular workouts(since Ry doesn't like the gym child care center at the moment) and my weight loss at a stand still, it's time to kick this booty back in gear.  Just another 15 pounds and I will be happy..doesn't seem like much, yet I have been stagnant here too long.  I committed to myself, Scott and now all of you..15 pounds in three months.  Check back with me in January!

10. I have spent A LOT of time working on my 365 project over the last month. It certainly is a time consuming project but I sooo very much love this book!  I love that I can look through it and see snip its of our daily lives, remembering the little things and concentrating on tiny moments which make our lives so plentiful, happy and full.  If you ever thought about undertaking this project, I wouldn't hesitate any longer.  It certainly has become my favorite scrapbook for sure!

Most of October entries are complete and can be seen in the flicker photostream.  I can never seem to catch up, which is ok...I just look through this book and smile.  :)  Happy. Happy. Happy.

I have so much to be thankful for and the beginning of November is a good time to say just that.
Happy week everyone. xo, K

“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault


While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.” – Angela Schwindt.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Just love your 'ten on Tuesday' blogs....so much fun to not only see the well written summaries (humor and tug at your heart, too), but to see your perspectives and insights. Love you lots! xoxox Mom