Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday..thankful edition

On this week of Thanksgiving, I thought I would honor the holiday with my gratitude for life.
There are so many things I am thankful for, from the mundane things that make life so great to the good fortune of great health and happiness.  Really, so many things..and here are just a few.

1. Of course mandating the top of the list is my beautiful family.  Without them, my life would not be the same nor as fulfilling, rewarding or exciting.  Scott, always making our family the priority, governing that with every decision he makes...really what better can one do as a father and husband.  Makenna Claire for making me a Mommy of the little girl I have always dreamed of mothering and little Rylan, balancing our family with all that little boy spunk, with equal amount of hugs, kisses and sheer delight.  I love each and every one of you with all my being and can't imagine my life without you!  Ever since I was a little girl I have fantasized what life would be like happily married, with my own little kids...and this life, right now, is more amazing than my dreams.  thank you!  xo

2. And I wouldn't be the person I am without my own Mommy.  Having two children of my own, with a very supportive partner, life can still be a struggle at times.  And to think my mom raised her children all on her own, without anyone to turn to for help with those middle of the night wake up calls or having someone to care for us when she just needed a break...is very awe inspiring to me.  I'm not sure I could of or can fulfill those mommy shoes as well as she did.  Thank you, mom, for raising me with such love, guidance and patience.  love you!

3. I am so thankful for the opportunity to spend every day with Makenna Claire and Rylan.  Raising the two of them and being their primary caretaker certainly comes with it's own battles, but more than anything, I feel like it is an honor .  They are both wonderful, beautiful children with such strong willingness to embrace life that I hope I am strong enough to guide them into the direction of their dreams, wherever that may take them. There is never a day that goes by that I am not thankful to be sharing my everyday with them.

4. I am very grateful that my kids have grandparents, a great grandma, aunts and a uncle that share in their lives.  MC and R love spending time with them and cherish each one of them individually.

5. So thankful for our loving, comforting home.  A place where we all come to retreat from the motions of life.  I am grateful that our home is just that..a home that is filled with love, positive energy and joy.

6. I am grateful for great friends.  I have never been one to need googles of friends, but rather have a few close ones that enrich my life in ways that they can only do.  They make the rough times better and the good times that much sweeter.

 7. Personally I am thankful for my two great hobbies which document this glorious life...photography and scrapbooking.  Photos allow time to stand still....allow us to relive moments that have gone by too quickly and remember all the great times, including those with the loved ones whom we have lost.  They serve as a great reminder that life isn't just about the big things, but more importantly about all the little things that make us who we are. (thanks project 365)

8.  Scrapbooking allows me to work with my treasured pictures and write the stories, documenting the memories.  I treasure each and every page and gain such great satisfaction with my work.  My heart swells to work with these pictures and preserve the stories.  Like this one..it brings me right back to those first days with Rylan.




9. I am grateful for my busy, loud, sometimes crazy, and always full of life and loads of energy days and my quiet, serene evenings and nights.

10. And so very thankful for what the future holds.  Just when I think life is good..life gets better and i wonder  how is that is even possible.?  However, I try to not question it and just enjoy the everyday and remember my fortune.  Happy Thanksgiving one and all.  I hope you share the holiday with your loved ones and that you have just as much to be thankful for.  Have a happy and safe holiday. xo,K

1 comment:

Mom said...

Awwww such nice things. I am so blessed to be your Mommy all these years, and to share your life with you. It's heaven, and it's all I ever wanted too, was to be a Mom. I got my wish in the very best way I could. So I am thankful for you, for Brad, for Scott who is like a second son, and for my beautiful grandchildren....and Phil, and friends...so much t be grateful for!