Tuesday, June 5, 2012

and SHE graduates..

Last Thursday Makenna Claire had her official last day of preschool.  On the way to drop her off, I unexpectantly started crying, realizing that this was closing one chapter in our lives and moving forward with a new start.  Of course she only felt the excitement of the day, so I did my best to hide my tears.
"Mommy, do your glasses hurt your eyes?"   lol.. She's always so concerned about others..which is one of the many things I love about her.  "No Makenna, mommy's ok," and I was.


  In her years at Just For Kids preschool, Makenna has flourished, embracing each day with such joy, excitement and eagerness.  She has gone from a little girl who eagerly wanted to make more friends to one who can write, spell and is on the verge of reading, and of course still maintaining all those most important friendships and social life!

Thankfully I processed most of my sadness on Thursday and Friday was a day of happiness.  She was crowned her first graduation hat and gown and received her "diploma."

She is now a kindergartner.  I have always thought all the graduation steps were a bit much for preschool, but I have to admit, it was a nice way for a send off and those lasts hugs to her teachers.


Of course, we'll back to the preschool next year for Rylan, so it is only a temporary good bye.
And we'll be sure to stay in touch with all of her friends.



























We are all so proud of you Makenna and I know this is just the beginning of the many great things you will accomplish.  We all love you so much.





























Let the summer now begin!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, so bitter sweet. She grows up (a little bit) but is still so sweet. I can't believe how fast time goes. Great tribute. (and this will be the first of many tears.....) :)