Monday, February 20, 2012

Wasn't this just yesterday?

Five years ago on this day, I was 42 weeks pregnant, anxiously waiting the arrival of our baby and proudly waiting for something I wished for since I was a little girl...to be a mommy!

Five years ago, I thought she, or he, was going to share her, or his birthday with a mardi gras celebration, since it was fat tuesday after all.

Five years ago, I checked into the hospital in the early morning with friends and family slowly gathering in the hopes they would meet our new family member on today, February 20th, 2007.


Five years ago, I was induced because this baby's time in utero was up whether he or she liked it or not, and his or her day to be welcomed into this world was finally here.

Five years ago, I labored all day, pretty comfortably with the help of an epidural and we counted down the centimeters, knowing we were all getting closer and closer to having our  baby.
Five years ago, around 11pm, after about 15 hours of labor, and stuck at 7-8cm, having to lay on my side in a particular manner in order to keep my baby safe, the dreaded "C" word was mentioned.  After crying at the potential loss of what I thought was supposed to be, I made the first decision of many to ensure that this child is well cared for and I signed the papers that would ensure a safe delivery for my baby.

And at 1:07 am, on February 21st, our beautiful baby was born into this world and my tears became one of ultimate happiness, joy and the purest of loves. Instantly.  I still remember Scott saying..."you were right honey, we have a daughter!"

Five years ago, we became a family of three, just the way were meant to be.


And tomorrow we celebrate her fifth birthday.  And this momma still has tears in her eyes at just the thought.   Five.  Already?

But I know that my baby girl will always be my baby girl and I too am ready to celebrate and jump into this next chapter in her life.



















Enjoy your last day of officially being 4 sweetie baby...because tomorrow is your official birthday!

1 comment:

Mom said...

OMG just saw this posting, don't know how I missed it before. What a beautiful tribute. You have such a beautiful waymofmexpressingnyourmlove. And it took me back.....imremember taking that picture of yountwomas you anxiously awaited Sweet Pea. What a wonderfulm5 years!!