Tuesday, February 21, 2012

today is the day....

Happy 5th Birthday, Makenna Claire

Dear Makenna Claire,



























I'm not really sure where to start as I am so full of feelings on the eve of your birthday.  This birthday is especially emotional for me and I am not sure why, but it's so hard for me to imagine you on the brink of your fifth year of life.  I know that probably sounds so silly to you, especially since you frequently tell me you can't wait to be six, sixteen or even sixty, but someday I am sure you will understand.  We have done so much celebrating of you in the last couple of days and it has all been fantastically wonderful.  But tomorrow, it is official..you are five years old!  Five.  I still remember holding you as a newborn, your first smile, your first steps, those first words as if it was last week or last month... And now you are five, writing words, reading words and reminding me of things that I have forgotten (you have such a vivid memory!).  

You are so outgoing and vivaciously smart.  You are thoughtful...you have a strong care for others...you have a huge heart...and a love for all life.   Just like your Daddy, you make friends wherever you go.  You are not afraid to ask anybody for anything, and do so with such grace, authority and direction that people often think you are older than you are. You are a bundle of energy and prefer to be active and on the go.  You are a musician both with instruments and with your voice, and others often comment that you belong on stage. You are adorably sweet, beautiful, kind and also strong willed, emotional, opinionated and self directed.  You love your family passionately and adore your friends.

Makenna Claire, you are all that and more and I thank you for making me a Mommy. I feel especially fortunate to be your mommy.  Thank you for loving me even when I am not perfect.  Thank you for letting me see the world through your eyes. Thank you for being YOU.

I love you with all my heart and soul, and being your mommy is one of my greatest and proudest roles in my life.  I am so, so proud of the little girl you have become, Makenna Claire.

Happy, happy fifth birthday to my acrobat, my MC, my sweetie girl. I hope your birthday is as magical as you are. Love you to pieces sweetheart.

With so much love and admiration, 
Mommy 
xoxo


1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow, what a touching tribute to such a special little girl who stole all of our hearts five years ago. I love her so much, but alsomyou, for being such a wonderful Mommy and a perfect daughter. Xoxo