Sunday, January 29, 2012

NOLA

A great weekend of weather and a rather unique town. It has been a number of years since my last visit to the Crescent City but her charm and beauty are perpetually on display.

Work yesterday was the reason for the trip, but new views of the city appear before me as I look at the city through a photographer's eye. Add three cloudless days of blue sky and different times of the day to get out and get subjects, I could not be happier.

A full gallery will follow later, but if I'm able to manage a post with an image off my iPad, I hope you enjoy these few.

Forget that, cannot upload pictures. Gallery to follow later.

One thing that struck me while running with the GPS watch: being told you are twenty feet below sea level explains why the devastation and fear of hurricanes can cause this place to flinch. Hard. Espcially since to the pedestrian and untrained visitors eye, things have not improved as far as the sustaining infrastructure is concerned.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Always nice when you can combine business and pleasure.