Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Very Special Day

Nine years and three months ago I met someone who would change the direction of my life.

Someone whom I knew very quickly was the one I was meant to be with. The one who would complete my story. The one who would someday be the daddy to my children. On that day I met Scott, and eight years ago on this day, January 24th, we declared our forever love for one another in front of our loved ones and married.  I remember the details of the day so clearly. Walking down the aisle, whispering to my mom, "oh...i see him..i can see him..."  The magic in the air, the multiple perfect moments, spontaneously dancing the irish jig upon entering our dinner party, the cutting of the cake and softly sharing our first bites together, our first dance to Marc Cohn's song,  True Companion, and thinking that everyone in the room had disappeared for those time.


Life couldn't have been sweeter that day and even though today our lives are much different and full of the realities of life, it is still just as sweet, if not sweeter.  At the end of each day, even though we struggle just like everyone else with the balance of work, raising young children and the demands of bills, house and endless responsibilities, we have each other and we do it together. Always. And for that along with our love for one another, I couldn't be more thankful for finding my perfect true companion.  


I love you Scott, to the moon and back, today and forever. I am so glad you came into my life nine years and three months ago. 


Happy 8th Anniversary my love. 
  

No comments: