Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


1. Yes it's Tuesday..and I am here.  I would like to re-introduce myself.....ha,ha..I keep on trying to be a better blogger, but life gets in the way and I have things like kids, house, classes, workouts..yada yada yada...  Going to try and get here more often though.  I'll be back before next Tues..pinky toe promise.

2.  Makenna Claire is officially done with Three year old Preschool and she is on summer vacation. WOOT!  It's amazing how much a little girl can change in a matter of nine..only 9...months.

Last year to now.....


3. She celebrated her end of the year with her classmates at a picnic park lunch.

Where all the kids were handed their special award. 
 Makenna received the "Future Teacher" Award.
Uhh...mmm..that's my kid..one with the strong outgoing personality wanting to help everyone and "advise" them on how to do it right.  
I had a good chuckle with that award!
They have her number..although, I think they figured that out in the beginning of the school year. 

Lots of hugs given to her teachers.  


And although this photo is not the best quality by any measure, it makes me smile. 
 If a photo can demonstrate her personality, this would be it.  Love it!


4. So now that school is out, we are in the full swing of SUMMER!
I am very excited about doing so many activities with the kids.  With Rylan in full on toddler mode and now that MC is 4 and listens pretty well, we are going to have tons of fun being out and about.  In full disclosure though, the kids and this momma do so much better when we are active. Days I try to stay home are usually full of frustrations and will power battles.

I am thinking about making a summer bucket list.  How fun would that be??  A few of my ideas so far..

-Pool visits.  Many. Pool. Trips.
-Visit a water park.
-Make home made playdough.
-Visit the zoo.  Often.
-Visit EVERY play park Bolingbrook has to offer.
-Fingerpaint outside.
-Dance in a sprinkler.
-Visit Lisle's Balloon Fest (I have wanted to do this for years!)
-Bike riding with Makenna

Hmmm..I think I may make this into a scrapbook layout.
What's on your summer to do list?

5. Two weekends ago, Scott and I raced again.  The Western Springs Tower Trot 10k and 5k have been on our calendar for years and it's always such a great well run race and lots of fun for everyone.  This year was a bit different because not only was Scott racing, so was I.  Scott ran the 10k and then ran the 5k with me as my pacer.  Seriously,  I am such a lucky girl.

Scott smoked the 10k with 7 minute miles and my goal for the 5k was to get under 30 minutes which would beat my personal best by a little under a minute.  And what did I do????  29:59...Boo YA!

I had a good laugh when I saw my race time posted, but hey, I did it!  :D

6. This weekend I am racing again in another Duathlon. And this time it looks like the weather is going to be beautiful.  Weeeeeee.... My friend Stacey and I are going to do great...I am sure of it!

7. This last weekend I had a haircut appointment.  Little did I know that Scott conspired with my mom to take me clothes shopping afterwards.  A girls day complete with new hair and a new closet full of clothes and lots of mom time made for an awesome Saturday.  It was wonderful.

8. And on Sunday, we had a low key day with a few hours spent a few hours at the Bolingbrook Airport where they were showcasing their planes.



9. Ahh.....so many things to do in this season of sunshine.

10. Welcome Summer..how we L.O.V.E. you.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love your new posting!!!