Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Summer is in full swing around here and life is good.  Late nights playing outside in the yard and at the local parks.  MC is enjoying lots of time with the neighbor girls where they are either playing in each other yards or yelling talking to one another through the screen doors of our respective houses. And this is when they are only 4 years old. Oy!  :)

2. And so far so good.  I'm really enjoying having MC home all the time...no morning rushes, having the ability to make pancakes or muffins for breakfast and letting the day take on it's own form.  Our house is taking a bit of a hit (can we say daily case tornadoes), but I'll get around to picking up that toy for the thirty second time of the day at some point.


3. I'm sure there will be a day she will become bored, I will become frustrated, but right now it's just so very nice.  She will be starting a few camp days at her preschool here and there which she is really looking forward to and it'll give her great variety to her summer.


4. Our almost daily smoothie love is ramping up to new levels.  I have never been a fan of avocado but I know the health benefits it holds.  Today I made a smoothie with spinach, avocado, fresh pineapple and frozen mango.  YUM!  The avocado actually gives it a smooth thicker consistency so no bananas needed. Give it a try..you might be surprised.


5. Rylan's love for Sesame Street continues and now he likes to pretend he is Cookie Monster which is really, really cute..unless he does it with actual food, of course.  Then it's not.so.cute.rylan.


6. I raced in my second duathlon (2 mile run/ 15 mile bike/4 mile run) inside of a month this past weekend.  Had a lot of fun and I did really well with the first run and bike.  A little dissappointed with how I did in my second run but like everything, it is a learning experience.  


Looking back at my posts, I realize I haven't even shared the first duathlon experience which was in Galena...oops!  Look for that later this week.  Until then, here's a picture of my friend Stacey and I after finishing the Batavia Duathlon.

And a few more photos.  Thank you Scott for being our ultimate cheerleader and seeing us every step of the race.  He also took some great pictures, wouldn't you say?













7.  I also passed right by my set goal weight at Weight Watchers. WOOT woot!    Six more weeks of paying for "maintenance" and then my $'s will be shifted to coaching fees.  :))  I actually would love to loose a few more  pounds  because A.  I still have more to loose and B. to become a better athlete.. but I am so happy to be where I am.  I feel great and I love the person I am today.


8.  On Sunday, Makenna said to Scott..."daddy, when I get home, I want to go for a run so I feel better. " 


 lol...Scott looked at me and said, I wonder who she is channeling??  Yep, better continue to set that good example.   Smart kid.


9.  But really the truth is that this little guy thinks the world of his big sister and wants to do everything just like her.






10.  And another truth?  
This pup gets a whole lot of love, every. single. day.


Hope you have a great week! xo

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love this posting and so, so proud of you with all of your accomplishments. What a nice way to greet your 37th year.......showing that you can do anything you set your mind to doing....YIPEE!!!! Love you lots!