Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Well hellllooo Spring..or Summer really...  Sunny, dry and 88 degree temperatures.  Nothing like skipping right over to hot summer days.  We spent much of today here...me and my monkeys.


2. I hope all you momma's out there had a wonderful mother's day.  I have to say over here in Case land, it was just about perfect.  No, it was perfect!  We spent Saturday honoring Scott's mom and grandma by spending the day with them at Brookfield Zoo and then dinner, topped with a trip to Oberweis for ice cream.  So much fun!


On Sunday we started our day with Makenna and I running in the Run Like a Mother Race in Naperville. Makenna ran an entire mile (no walking for her!) in the kids run and then I ran the 5k and raised the roof by 3 minutes in my time.  Actually, I don't think I have ever run 9 minute miles, let alone 3 of them in succession before, and that is what I did.  So very happy!!
And what do you do after a great run??...sit in the sun, chillin to the music playing and sipping wine of course!  What a great weekend.

3. Rylan isn't even 2 yet but little temper tantrums have begun. Crying loudly, occasionally hitting, and if he has his pacifier in his mouth, he ejects it out for a flight of a couple of feet. Of course then he realizes that might not of been the best thing to do and asks for his "baa" again.   It is still cute I must say, but I know those days are limited.

4. Oh yea..and he has learned the word "no". Fun times have begun.

5. Trying to plan MC's summer has been quite the challenge.  For the girl who wants to everything..and I mean everything...it makes it a bit tricky to find a nice happy medium of a schedule.  Enough to keep her happy and busy, but yet have some off time so we can all go out and play together.  And she's only 4..I can't imagine how it will be in the years to come. Oy..

6. Who knew going down the slide head first could be so much fun!

7.  She did..that's who!

8. We have new "neighbors" again and the kids love to "visit" them.
We first spotted them on Sunday ...I believe just hours old with their eyes still closed.

 9. And here they are today.  Eyes open, hair starting to grow in and much more alert. We even saw the mother bird feed her babes a worm..very cool!




10.  Have you gone toes up with a book lately?  I think he has the right idea.


Off to bed, to read a few pages before these eyes close for some slumber.  Night!

No comments: