Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Rylan's vocabulary is expanding every day.  Words are popping out of his mouth all the time. You know... the ones that stop us and say, "did he just say what I think he just said?" Wasn't I surprised when I asked him "how are you Rylan?".. and he saids, "good!"   And just as shocked when he asked for "ap-pple" and  "iiice ceam".

2. Last week was a busy for us.  Two theater experiences, one seeing Rylan's beloved Elmo, a visit to the Morton Arboretum on a very hot 90 degree day (thank goodness for all the water play stations!) and Makenna's Ballet/ Tap Recital.  We also had our friend Robert from Hong Kong stay with us for the week while him and Scott made client visits all week long.




3. This week will be a bit quieter I think.  It's great to be busy but sometimes we need to let go of the peddle a bit and that is what we are going to do.  But now it's house stuff, packing and getting ready for our next adventure.

4.  Galena is this Saturday.  I am getting so excited, hoping for nice weather and looking forward to going away for the weekend.  Scott has been sick with a bad sinus infection for several weeks so hopefully he will recover so he can race as well.  I'm sure he'll be good to go and still knock me out of water time wise..but that's ok!  Let's go get those hills babe!!

5. Makenna enjoyed her dance recital immensely.  I was one of the lucky momma's to watch the girls back stage and I have to say, they were pretty awesome!  And once on stage, they rocked their routine.  MC soaked in all the girl time and the moments afterwards, excitedly greeted with such joy by our family.



6. him and me...he and i...mr and mrs...just like pb and j...together.. life is sweet.
(and this is captured thanks to the pocketbooth app on our iphones. )



7. Uncle Brad and DeChantel are in paradise so their little 5 pound pup is staying at the Jayhan and Case casa's.  She's in her own paradise, of sort.  HA!

8. And when all the love gets to be too much, she does have a place to put her feet, snuggle in and catch a few moments of peace.

Ruff life, isn't it?!  

9. While I am typing, MC is watching Max and Ruby goes to the Dr.  and this is what I overhear on the show.
"having a heartbeat is very important if you want to stay healthy."
Yep, no joke, & wherever you are and whatever you do,  that would be the understatement of the day year.  

10.  Anyone overdue for a hair stylin appointment?  Yes?!....Phone # is SOO-CUUTE.


2 comments:

Kim said...

Wonderful post! I love the pic of SP in her costume. Her very beautiful eyes!!! And the pics of you and Scott are so fun! Thanks for all the great posts that you do. xoxox

Mom said...

PS. I meant to tell you how much I enjoy the picture of you and the kids with the suckers. It's so important to be silly together. Love it, and the kids will treasure this picture when they are older. xoxo