Sunday, August 8, 2010

Rylan and Dad at work...

A week (or so) ago, Kelly, Makenna and Nana all went to a big convention in Rosemont on Friday. I was going to get the kids after work and bring them home but Rylan was not feeling himself. We thought it might have been a cold but turns out it was probably teething and so I came and got him before they even headed over. So the afternoon was spent at daddy's office.

The plan was to get out the door, but we got a call from an importer who was in a desperate situation. He had a shipment of tropical fish from the Philippines that came into Detroit, he didn't have the necessary paperwork to clear it, so Delta was sending it to Chicago for clearance with Customs and Fish and Wildlife.

I had one foot out the door and wound up sticking around to help the guy out personally. And I met the Fish & Wildlife inspector at the airline to see the fish. Having the little guy in tow, it flashes back to how I started going to the airport with my dad, thirty seven or so odd years ago. It was a pretty special afternoon and evening.

2 comments:

Nan said...

Love it!

Nana said...

Last comment should have been "Nana!"