Tuesday, September 22, 2009

SWEET baby Boy..

Are you really one month old already? It's hard to believe that the time has gone by that fast but at the same time, you seem to have been part of our family for so long already. Has it really only been 31 days? What a contradiction, I know!

When I was pregnant with you, I knew I would be just as happy with another girl as I would with a boy...but now that I have YOU, my life seems that much sweeter to have my sweet little boy. I can't wait to share life with you and watch you explore the world and develop into the person you will become. But meanwhile, I will just love the baby that you are...your little toes, your fingers that wrap around my shirt and finger, your little head that snuggles into my body just right, your precious eyes that capture my heart with one look. Really, could you be that perfect?...Yes, you are, my sweet Rylan.


At one month, you are 22 inches long and are back to your birth weight of 9 pounds and 4 ounces. You can hold up your head for long periods of time and love to look at lights and faces. You can focus on us when we talk to you and we know a smile is just beckening to come through one day soon. You are content unless you are hungry or have the hiccups and love to be snuggled and held. You don't really care for the swing too much but love to be held close in the sling. You are such a good baby and we enjoy you every day.
And even when those ugly hiccups emerge, and cause you such freight, you are still so cute.
It's okay, Rylan...we are here to LOVE you until the hiccup monster goes away! xoxo

2 comments:

NANA said...

He just can't be any cuter. What a darling bundle of joy! And such a sweet, sweet spirit. xoxox

Melissa said...

OMG!!!!!! I can not wait to get my hands on this little cutie pie...Love his onesie, where did you get it? Very cute idea..I am assuming you are going to do this onesie thing every month?? :)))
I showed Serena this picture and she said, "what an angel" brought a little tear to my eye...sometimes she can be soooo ungodly sweet xoxxoxo