Sunday, September 20, 2009

Govt Affairs Conference: Daddy goes to Washington

Last Saturday, I had to go to Washington, DC, for our annual government affairs conference for work. I also had board meetings to attend to as well. Because of the nature of the meeting, I left on Saturday and it was go-go-go through Wednesday night when I came home.

On Tuesday, we visited Capitol Hill to speak to members of the Illinois Congressional delegation on issues about our work. In between those meetings, I managed to sneak a tour of the Capitol which was guided by a staffer for my Congresswoman, Judy Biggert.

The Capitol is AMAZING. I also was fortunate to meet the work Congressman for my office, Mike Quigley, who won the special election to fill Rahm Emanuel's seat. I actually went to college with his Chief of Staff, who also lived in my dorm. The universe shrinks once again.

Pictures below.

No comments: