Thursday, August 16, 2012

It's almost the weekend ramblings..

Some random thoughts.

* Rylan is still in count down mode for his birthday.  His party is on Saturday while his actual birthday is on Monday.  And although he needs a little prompt to remind him of his new age, he will tell you that his birthday is most definitely in August and that he can't wait for it to arrive. 

*  Party prep is almost complete. Makenna Claire has selected her special gift, it's wrapped and ready for the big day.  It has been beautiful weather this last week and Party Day looks devine with temperatures hovering near 80 degrees.  After a hot summer, this weather is a special treat.

*  Yesterday we visited the elementary school and completed the registration process.  We found out who her teacher is going to be and the word from many parents is that she is spectacular at her job.  "You'll love her!" was a frequent comment from the surrounding parents. Yea! 

Makenna is surprisingly a bit nervous about going to the new school but I am sure she will adapt very quickly.  Weaving through the lines of registration I too found myself getting a little melancholy and teary eyed.  I am so very happy and excited for her, but it also marks the beginning of new stage in her life. Ahh..she's growing up.


*  In order to get beyond those tears, I just need to remind myself of the chapstick that has been smeared over so many body parts and random toys.  Can that stuff smell anymore disgustingly sweet?  Yep, that snapped me right out of it.  ;)  Off to kindergarten you go MC.  Ha!

* Makenna is also starting Irish Step Dancing this fall.  Ever since visiting a national competition this summer, she has fallen in love with the sport.  Head. Over. Heels. Like, Borderline Obsessed.  There isn't a day that goes by that she doesn't adorn her tap shoes and do the irish jig to all who will watch. She can't wait to be dancing on stage in front of an audience.

* Anyone who knows MC, knows that she also can't wait to wear those pretty dresses and wigs.  Yep..no surprise there from a little girl who downright refuses to wear anything but skirts and dresses and wants her styled to her desire every morning.  #lovethatabouther.

* It was a rainy day today and Ry and I were out doing errands.  My most favorite quote of the day?  "Mommy, my train needs a raincoat too."

*  A couple more dog days of summer left and we are planning on closing summer 2012 out with a bang. 


 I'll be back next week when both my babies will be in school.  

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love all the pics and the melancholy time too. I remember it well. Take kleenex next week, that's all I can say. xoxoxo

Also love Ry's "my train needs a raincoat".