Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TOT...

Ten on Tuesday
My top 10 favorite memories of Halloween 2011..

1. Both kids loved their costumes and adored wearing them for a total of three full days.

3. Rylan saying "happy halloweeeeeeeeeen!" It was one of those times where Scott and I looked at one another, and said..."did he just say what I thought he said."  Yep...he did!

4.  Makenna Claire,  I mean Annie, leading (imagine that) her class parade, shouting out in excitement when she saw Nana, Rylan and myself and belting out her pumpkin songs during her halloween "school concert," with her voice being the most animated and heard of the entire class.


5. Little MC playing the part of Annie to a tea.  I loved hearing one of the preschool moms tell me that I better watch out because my daughter "belongs on stage!" I think her singing talents shined, as well as her leading all the girls to bow at the end of their performance might have provoked that comment.







6. At first Rylan thought all the candy he was getting was meant to go right into his mouth.  By the time Halloween day came (since we started our celebrations three days prior), he understood to put the candy in his pumpkin but he was very clear to all around us that it was his... "mine."


7. Rylan enjoyed trick or treating and although he couldn't say trick or treat, he remembered to say "tank you" just about every time. (and the suckers were his favorite..I think he consumed more lollipops in one day than he did in the last six months)

8. Makenna was most thrilled when she met up with her neighbor friends to do a little coop T&T.  She loves all her peeps!

9. MC insisted that we all dress up and got soo very excited when we adorned our costumes. When Grace Farrell and Daddy Warbucks made their entrance, she said "oh wow...leaping lizards!!!!"

9. And although Daddy Warbucks wasn't too enthralled with wearing that latex cap  his bald head, he did it because it made Annie so very happy!  Now that is LOVE!
and played the part very well in this photo!


10. It was a wonderful weekend full of all things Halloween and we all had such an awesome time. Another great memory in the banks of our minds.  I know I have said it before, but wow it's so much fun to celebrate holidays and special days living in the eyes of a child.

And now, Happy November...what are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Nana said...

Great posting. I loved all the magic. An Makenna, who kept saying "wow,wow,wow" after you and Scott were in costume. And Ry giggling when saying,"trick or treat". And discovering my grandson is a sugar fiend!! Loved it all. And you and Scott a great Grace Farrell and Daddy Warbucks.....

Brad said...

Her friends at school...fairy, princess, hobo...so passé. Our star chose a broadway musical character. So cultured...after my own heart. I love the pics of her and Ry. They are so damn cute. Each one of them.