Tuesday, October 18, 2011

tot...TEN ON TUESDAY


 1. Little miss MC is all this and more! Sometimes the best photos come naturally, letting her be in her own element, do her thing, and do what she does well.  We were literally walking out the door and she grabbed her coat, sunglasses and her favorite scarf (which is knitted by her fav nana) and said......


 "Look at me mom...don't I look  pretty?"  


 "Yes you do Makenna..and you are one stylin fashionista of a little girl. I think I need to grab my camera."

And with a click, click, click..the moment is captured, and forever on film.  MC doing her thing, without any coaching or bribing.  And I have to say they are going to be a favorite capture for some time to come.  She is quite the star in her right and it comes so naturally for this little girl.
I hope her confidence and self esteem will always be this strong. And on days where it may stumble, I can always show her these photographs to remind her just what an incredible, amazing girl she is.


2. We visited a local pumpkin farm on Saturday morning.  The 25-35 mph winds made for a bit of chilly day but the kids loved it all the same.


But sheesh...the cost of pumpkin farm visits is ridiculous!  $36 for us to get in the door, and that is with a coupon and with Rylan being free!, and we still had to pay for the pony ride and of course, a few snacks.  I remember it being a bit different when I was younger (now don't I sound old??)
































































3. In preparation for the half marathon, I ran my first 10k on Sunday with a debut time of 1:03 for the 6.3 miles.  Despite the constant rain, my family stood outside cheering for me, rooting for me along the course.  Now, that's love!  




































With less than 3 weeks until the big day, I am so excited to put all this training to bed for a bit.  (Hee hee..although I know I will be eagerly wanting to throw myself into something else.)


4. And Sunday night, we stopped by Oberweis where I couldn't resist their taffy apple shake.  Seriously delicious! However, I am confident that all 700 calories burned that morning were consumed in that glass..but it was well worth it!


5. Yesterday MC wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.  When I realized we didn't have bread (oops!) , I told her we couldn't do a sandwich. "That's ok mom, we can have an apple and carrots and dip them in peanut butter."  Wow..she's a smart cookie!  "You're right Makenna."  and that's when I also introduced her to ants on a log (which she loved!) , and we both had a new answer to the lack of bread in our pantry!


6.  It's hard to believe Halloween is right around the corner.  The kids costumes are ready and they are so excited.  We are trying to teach Rylan to say "trick or treat."  Not sure that is going to happen, but he has the "tank yoooou" down pat.


7. Throughout the day Rylan will be heard calling me.  "momma?"  I usually respond, "yes Ry?" to which he often saids..."ummmm" followed by silence.  


Each time it makes me pause because I know he just wants to make sure I am close and I have his attention and I know these days will be over in a flash.  From the #can'thejuststaylittlefile.


8. NU Football season has started for the Cases.  The kids surprisingly really enjoy the games and we are again headed down to Evanston again this Saturday night for the Homecoming game..after of course I run 13 miles which gets me back to #3 :)


9. I think I need to make something pumpkin tomorrow.  Pumpkin bars perhaps?  hmmmm.... I am getting hungry just thinking about them.  A pumpkin smoothie for breakfast perhaps??


10. Here's some closing cuteness for you!  Happy Tuesday..



No comments: