Tuesday, October 25, 2011

TOT...

TEN ON TUESDAY


1. Makenna Claire is counting down the days until the Halloween festivities begin.  Starting on Friday, we have four days of spooky events to attend, so I think she will get her fill!  :)


2. Oooohhh..I think I need to update our blog banner.


3. And update our family picture soon.  Rylan is just a newbie in our last one, so that would be two years old.  Oopps..


4. I followed up last week and made some pumpkin love.  I made these pumpkin bars and they were delicious.  I did make a few of my usual changes (applesauce for oil, and using whole wheat flour) and it worked out just fine, once again.


5. Last night I made these chicken breasts from a recipe I found on pinterest. Love that site (and have lost many of minutes carousing it) and this recipe was very good.  Will make it again, for sure.


6. And tonight & tomorrow, with Daddy being out of town, it's leftovers one night and pizza the next.  ha ha..it's all a balance, right?
(pizza party was tonight!


7. This weekend was an awesome running weekend for Scott and I.  On Saturday morning, I ran a first...13.2 miles as a training run for the Half Marathon.  I felt great and sped up for the last 6.5 miles...woot!  I'm so excited and feel even more confidant that I will go into the race as strong as I can be.


8. And Sunday morning Scott kicked some booty at the Oak Park Frank Loyld Wright 10k run.  Seriously, he outdid himself again and set yet another PR (personal record). Running 6.3 miles in 42:41 ..averaging 6:53 min/mile.  That's seriously hauling some arse.. Woot WOOT for you babe!!  Oh my goodness, are you a speedy....
The troops before the race..
Digging deep
Finishing gloriously


9. Scott had a running pal for the race..our great friend Alex.  The two of them stayed together throughout the run (amazing..), pushing one another.  SO Awesome..
Congratulations to both of you for setting new PR's!!


10. Little Rylan isn't enjoying bedtime these last few nights leaving this momma so very tired once he finally falls asleep.  May this phase go quick and we can get back to our normal routine------ok, Ry?? 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great posting! Congrats to Scott for a great race.
And yes, time for a new banner page.....you all look so different now. Xoxo