Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. We are seriously having the most beautiful weather this week here in Chicagoland. Low 70's and sunny....yes, please!  The kids and I have been soaking up all the outside time we can manage.  I think a trip to the Morton Arboretum and the Zoo are in our near future.

2. A few weekends ago we spent our four day Fall Get Away at our Rental House with our family.  It's been a tradition for years, and with each passing year, we always want to go back.  There's nothing like spending time with those you love, relaxing and just doing whatever.  Our planned century ride ended up being only 28 miles due to a very soggy, wet day (the only rainy day out of the weekend).  So we met our SAG wagon (thanks mom and Phil) at the rest stop and called it a day. Back to our house to eat and drink the wine we bought at the cellar the day before.  Still a very good day.

3. We also had a chance to visit a local Apple Orchard and we are still eating all of our hand picked Honeycrisp apples.  Yummo!  I think I need to make some apple goodies as well.

4. The Monday of our Michigan weekend is always spent outside, hanging out, playing with the kids, drinking lots of wine and grazing the day a way.  We don't head home until the evening and this year was no exception.  I have a zillion great pictures from this day, but here is one of my favorites.  L.O.V.E.
Uncle Brad and Rylan playing catch football
The deep concentration (the tongue).
The sunglasses upside down. (typical).
The muddy knees.

5. Guess who has mastered the art of climbing out of the crib?

6. And who has said bye bye to the pacifier?
Actually, this was so very easy!  In Michigan, I laid down with him on his floor mattress  and  I forgot to give it to him.  Ooopps!  However, he fell asleep without a problem soooo  they were all confiscated upon our return home.  Easy peasy..

7. I am working steadily on those pictures of the day.  No worries..I just need to upload them to the gallery. Soon...

8. Half Marathon is next month!  Wowsers... I am so ready and Scott is going to just fly, I know it.. We have a few long double digit runs done (woot 12 miles!) and we have three more long runs to do...12, 13 and 14 milers, then it'll be race day!  I am really looking forward to accomplishing this huge goal for me..although I know I have already done so much to be happy about! Honestly, I still have difficulty grasping the idea that I am a runner.  Never would of thought in a million years...

9. In putting up our halloween decorations, and looking for cute pictures to add to our decor, I came across a few of these.  Be still my heart..they do grow way too fast!


10.  Today is a very popular day for birthdays it seems since I know 3 people celebrating on this day!  Wowsers..but a big shout out to our Gaga of the family...Happy Birthday Mom/Gaga! Makenna Claire is super excited to wish you a happy day.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love your new post and I'm stealing some of the fabulous pictures. xoxo