Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ten on Tuesday


1. We'll take a break from vacation photos for a TOT.  The Fall is always a busy time for us and this year it's no exception.  


2.  Today we had our first trip to the pumpkin farm and we went with Makenna's preschool.  Once again I realized she is growing up right before my eyes..her world outside of us is certainly a big part of her life and she loves spending time with her friends.
pumpkinfarmcollage_edited-3





















3. 3. Mom has joined us in the Apple world and is having fun learning how to use her new iPad.  Congrats mom!  And now the kids can see Nana even more often with FaceTime, which they have already done several times.  I also love that she has some content on it just for the kids...Nana, you are one great grandma!


4.  Among some of that kid stuff is a 30 second video of a Brown Bear getting stuck on a bridge in California and being rescued to safety by a team of people.  I think Rylan has seen this video 80 times, and that's a conservative number!  "Bear..bear..", he saids often when he see's her phone, and now her iPad.  It's funny what kids find entertaining!


5. Scott and I are up to double digits in our daily mileage.  Last week I ran 29 miles, capping it with a 10 miler on Sunday.  And I made it!!  Actually it was a really good run (they all aren't!) and I am so proud of myself.  On Friday we have a 12 mile scheduled so let's hope that goes just as good.  Of course, Scott is going through the training with flying colors...old pro that he is!


6. After getting in our runs on Friday, we are all heading to Michigan for our annual Family weekend.  Woot! We are all so excited and can't wait to spend the long weekend together.  Brad, DeChantel, Scott and I are cycling in the Apple Cider Century on Sunday and we are hoping to do the full distance of 100 miles. It's always a great ride and full of so many laughs, stories and good times.


7. But before then I have to find time to do a million, zillion things this week.  The list is long and hopefully I'll get through it!  


8. This past weekend we spent Saturday riding the rails and playing tourist in Chicago.  We boarded the train in the morning, headed to downtown LaGrange for lunch and a little shopping and then took the train to downtown Chicago where we visited Millennium Park and the Bean.  We had an awesome day together..the kids loved the train rides (and we did too!) and made a mental note to do this more often.   The train made it very easy to get everywhere and the kids LOVED every minute of it!  At the end of the day, we picked up some sandwiches and ate dinner on the train ride home. A perfect day!



9172011collage
9. Do you like Banana Bread?  If so, this is a great recipe!  So good...

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/marbled-chocolate-banana-bread-10000000549763/


10. Truth be told...this was last week's TOT but my computer decided it needed a check up at the Apple Store so even though this was ready to go, I couldn't post it.  Pretend it's Tuesday, Sept. 20 and I'll be back tomorrow with an update.  ;)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love this posting. and I am so proud of you being into double digits on your runs! And yes I love being with you in the Apple world!