Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ten on Tuesday!

1. I almost forgot it is Tuesday...it so seems like a Monday.  Hmmm....

2. Scott and I ran away for a few days and stayed in the city.  A late birthday present for moi, but it was certainly worth the wait!  We had a wonderful time just being together, walking the city streets, eating Garrett popcorn (so YUM!), making pit stops to feed Scott's addiction (Inteligentsia Coffee), and being together.  Notice a theme ?????... :)

Oh yea, and I was able to eat several meals without stopping to add another item to our kids' plates, say...Makenna, please sit down, or clean up messy high chairs.  Ahhh...

3. But you know what?????....I missed those little toes, the happy giggles, the constant "why"s, the sweet snuggles, the "i love you momma",  and being a constant momma.  Are we ever happy??

4. Still, for a couple of days, it was nice.  Very. Nice.


5. We so heart Chicago.. so pretty, day and night.

6.  Billy Elliot...Oh. MY. Goodness!  If you have the chance to see it...GO!  It was completely amazing and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  I loved the story line, the meaning behind the play and the cast.  Seriously, the main character is 13 years old and he will knock your socks off!  It was his show and he carried it throughout.  We were in complete amazement at his talent.  

The play did want me to rush home and hug my kids though.  I hope I will always inspire them to follow their dreams and stay true to themselves, no matter what direction that may take them.   

LOVED it!  One of my favorites, for sure.

7.  Makenna Claire is loving preschool.  She can't wait for school days and on her "days off", she is the teacher and gives Rylan and I lessons.  Hee, hee... Today we learned the letter B and the color Red.  I wonder what they are doing at school???

8.  I think I held Rylan for about 12 hours today...the poor little guy wasn't feeling well and sporting a fever.  I am sure it's another viral illness...just hoping it will not be spread through the house.  fingers crossed..

9. Rylan's one year portraits may be closer to his 13 month pictures.....  ;0 

10. (home) Northwestern football kicks off this weekend....Fall is really here!  

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow, I missed a week. Love it. And love your night/day pics of Chicago. xoxo