Thursday, May 20, 2010

DEAR sweet BAILEY girl,



As I sit here and write this letter to you, I still can't believe you have moved on.  It's only been a few hours, but part of me wishes I can rewind to last night where just you and I sat under the stars and talked, all while I rubbed your ears and kissed your head.  I know I told you it was ok to leave us, and it certainly still is, but the audible emptiness in our home and hearts tonight is so difficult. However, I know you are in a better place....you are now able to breath, to move freely without pain and to play ball once again.  {Oh, how you loved to play ball!} And with those thoughts, I am comforted and at peace.

Bailey...thank you for being such an awesome dog.  YOU were my doggie in the window, captured my heart the minute I saw you and that heart only grew with so much love and affection.  Our loyal shadow..always graciously by our side, insisting on being under our feet and never far away.  Unless that is, you were stealing our food the minute we turned our back.  Hey...where did that loaf of bread go?  BAILEEEEEY!  You little stinker.  Now the thought of that makes me smile.  

And with the addition of little feet in our home..you were so, so kind and loving..frankly, allowing them to abuse you at times, but yet you never let it get to you.  Instead you greeted them with lots and lots of kisses to which Makenna and Rylan would squeal in delight.  I love you girl.




I will miss you Bailey.  I hope you are up in doggie heaven, sitting in the fields, soaking up the sun and then running to retrieve the balls.  Say hi to our little guy Max too.  I am sure he greeted you with a happy tail wag and a big kiss. 


Thank you for showing me unconditional love and bringing so much love, happiness and joy to our family everyday.  WE will all miss you..but know that you will live on in our memories and our hearts.  You will always be remembered and You will never be forgotten. 


Bay...i love you, little girl, and may we meet again in my dreams.  But for now, I will say I love you so much to say good bye.  


Love always, mommy xoxo 

2 comments:

Scott said...

Yep, that's our Fuzzalump. As Cassidy sleeps behind me, the house is eerie quiet. Just doesn't feel right. I'm sure that the axis will right itself again soon, but for now, it's off kilter and we'll have to do our best to bring it back in line over time.

Nana said...

Bailey and her soulful eyes. She had so much love, and she left us all better for touching our lives. She did not leave my side this winter every time I came home from the hospital. I'm not sure how I'm going to live without those kisses and trips to Nana's house, but I too hope I see her in my dreams. And lucky Max now has his favorite girl with him again. Safe journey, Bay, I will miss you forever.xoxo Nana