Friday, April 20, 2012

a great reminder

She reminds me that joy is in everything, surrounding us and it is up to us to discover it.


She reminds me to leap at every presented opportunity, with both feet and with an overwhelming sense of excitement.


She reminds to try new things.


She reminds me to live life to it's fullest and make the most of every hour of every day.


She reminds me that running really isn't exercising, it's playing!
Makenna running in a kids run 
at the gym last weekend
She reminds me that I can be better and do better.


And tonight I decided to follow her lead.


At 4:45pm, after an already busy day- dropping Scott off at the airport for a week long work trip, and running errands all day... this momma was just a bit tired.  Looking through my social networking sites, something caught my eye.


"Hey Makenna..I see some Irish Dancers are performing at the children's museum tonight.  Would you like to go?"


"Yes, mommy Please!  Let's go.  I would sooo love that!"


And we did just that.  Never mind we didn't eat dinner yet.  We grabbed apples, bananas and cheese sticks and were out the door.  We arrived at the museum just in time for some play before seeing the dancers performance and then took the elevator upstairs to play with the trains and blocks.  The kids were in heaven.  Its the little things.
Learning the steps after the show.  "momma I learned some Irish moves!"  LOL

my boy and trains


At 7:15 pm, we gathered the troops and headed for home.  The kids were asking for dinner (i guess the snacks don't count after all ;)), so we settled in for some peanut butter sandwiches and kiwi before hustling upstairs for bed just over an hour or so later than normal.


Brushed teeth, washed faces and went on a few bear hunts before settling in for a book and songs.  The three of us snuggled in MC's bed as she read us The Grouchy Caterpillar before giving our good night hugs and kisses.  When I asked both of them what their favorite thing about this day, MC replied seeing the dancers and Ry said seeing the trains.


They say parents lead the way for their children, but in many ways our children teach us all about life. And I am so thankful for that. 


Tonight I will put my head on my pillow and with a satisfied sigh, I will turn off the light.


Good night.




1 comment:

Mom said...

You are a wonderful mom! It is about these little moments!