Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I must still be in vacation mode because all I want to do is eat, sleep and play.  And that's kind of what I have succumbed to.  Although, it's not a bad place to be, I have to admit.  If only my to do lists can remain to the side for a bit longer.

2. Makenna is loving school and the daily structure is a beautiful thing for everyone. With her having afternoon preschool, it leaves the morning to hang out together and then just a bit of time at the end of the day to visit a park before dinner, bath and bed.  And now that Fall is upon us and summer days are narrowing, the kids are tucked into their beds about 7pm and sleeping for a good 11-12 hours.  Summer is fun, but Fall is welcomed too!

3. Rylan is a little talking parrot.  Literally in the last month, he has grown up so much and has become quite the little boy.  He is learning how to count to ten (and already knows a lot of the numbers), and he can now say a lot of the colors.  "How old are you Rylan?"  "OOOwww", he saids, trying mercifully to only hold up two fingers.  My favorite word right now is "wewwow", for yellow.  If I can only bottle this cuteness forever.

4. Scott and I are now officially in half marathon training mode and the running miles have started to accumulate.  I will be doing my first double digit run in just a couple of weeks.  Eeeksss....  It is definitely a very challenging schedule for me, but after each run, I feel so great, I want more!  Running is funny that way.  It's not necessarily the feeling I get during the run (because many of times, that is so not fun!), it is the satisfaction and the accomplishment of finishing it. It's addicting, I tell ya..

5. Makenna's world, according to Makenna.

favorite color-purple
favorite thing about school-playing with Hannah
favorite place to visit- the Z.O.O. (spelled out for me)

(and shoot...she told me so much more, but I can't remember.  Next time, I need to write it down right away.  She loved answering my questions...  We'll have to play that again soon.)

6.  I haven't even touched our vacation pictures, or Rylan's birthday pictures (due to #1), but they are coming to this blog very soon.

7. Today the kids thought it would be a great idea to put themselves to sleep, using the train table trundle as a bed.

Very creative, I must say.

8. Pictures like this make me happy.



9. And this one.  Their morning ritual..sitting on the garage steps, blowing kisses and waving good bye to Daddy as he leaves for work.

These are the moments I want to always remember....

10. Yesterday while at the park, Makenna was trying to play with 2, 10 year old boys. Of course, they didn't want anything to do with playing with a 4 1/2 year old, but she kept trying.  And trying.  Today it makes me laugh....in 10+ years, not so much.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great pics of the kids........especially love their little drawer turned nap spot!