Thursday, June 3, 2010

Nope, I am on the right track..


I often wonder if I stress myself out, trying to do too much, always feeling like I am never "caught up".  I have so many passionate hobbies and I never feel like I can devote as much time, energy or ME into any of them.  Sometimes this makes me a little stressed..always feeling "behind" and my never ending, forever adding, To Do list is always there.  At the same time, I  know that I dedicate myself to our kids and they will always come first, so the ME time comes in to play once everyone is snug in their beds and the house is quiet. (as I compose this at 12:15 am).  And that time is limited.

One of my passions is photography, and scrapbooking our memories.  In case I was bored (HA!), I decided to add and additional layer to my plate.  Hello Project 365..  document our lives by taking a picture a day for the 365 days of the year 2010.  I thought it would be a challenge but it would encourage me to bring out the camera each and every day, thus improving my skill set, and why woudn't I want more pictures, right?  And our normal day to day lives would be preserved, sealed and recalled in the years to come.  Sounds great!

Well, it has proven to be a challenge.  I have enjoyed taking the daily pictures but trying to stay on top of the downloading, the journaling, as well as assembling of our digital and paper book is difficult and I am always playing catch up.   And this leaves less time to scrap, so I am still scrapping Rylan's birth.  At the same time, I  have enjoyed the progress and I absolutely LOVE this book as it has really exemplified our memories in a different way than my traditional scrapbooking.

My point.  
As I sit here and look at  last couple of weeks of photos, I came across these picture beauties.  SERIOUSLY, all of my doubts, stresses and concerns of taking on another time consuming project have completely diminished.  I am confidant that if I wasn't doing project 365, I would not have these photos.  Photos that speak volumes to me and ones that I will forever treasure.  Thank you project 365.

Little did I know that these would be Bailey's last photographs..taken just  1 and 2 days before she died. And better yet, they exemplify her life to a tea and capture the essence of her.  She was loved beyond measure and boy did she return that love back. Always.  Always. Always.
This moment wasn't unusual in our house, but for some reason I get the chills looking at this now.  To me, the picture is a salute to Bailey's life as well as a good bye, i love you, exchange from one great friend to another.  Before we even knew it was time.

Priceless.

Treasured.

Story told.

Life captured.

Yep.. I am on the right track...



{access all of my project 365 photographs by clicking on the flicker photostream side bar}

1 comment:

Mom said...

Never doubt that all that you do is appreciated and treasured. YOU are a treasure in itself, all by itself, and when you add your creativity.......and now your wonderful photography skills......PRICELESS is right.....you, your family, Bailey, what she gave you, Cassidy, who carries the flag forward for Golden Love....I am sobbing, seeing the pics and reading your post, but am SO GLAD...that you took the pictures, wrote about it, and captured LOVE as no words can. I love you. ALWAYS. Mom