Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Before and on February 21, 2012

So after a fun day at American Girl, and after some walking around Water Tower Place, my mom spotted a Claire's store.  For the last month, Makenna has insisted that when she turned five years old, she was going to get her ears pierced.  Having always told her she can pierce them when she was ready since they are her ears, I supported her frequent statement by saying, "ok".  So we mention it to Makenna to see if she is still interested in having them pierced. Now.  Today.  She jumped on it and before I knew it, we were in the seat to get it all done.
She wanted to sit on my lap.  Ok. Check
She picked out her earrings (her birth stone Amethyst, which just happen to be in her favorite color Purple. Check.
She got her ears cleaned. Check.
She got her ears marked for position.  Screeeeech...And that's when the brakes went on!

"I didn't come here to get my ears pierced," she told the lady.  "I just came here to get my ears cleaned."

What?  We couldn't keep but to bust out laughing.  "That's a new one!!" said the lady.

But of course we carried on, and her ears quickly were sparkling in new jewels.

On MC's actual birth day, we celebrated in a low key fashion. She awoke to a room full of balloons on her bedroom floor which enticed two little kiddos to much play.  Gaga and Pop pop soon arrived to take the birthday girl out for breakfast before the four of us went to preschool.  Since she was the star of the week, we stayed to see what pre-kindergarten is all about!

It was great to see Makenna lead interact with all her class mates and watch her describe her poster of pictures to her teachers and friends.  It's always a treat to be able to step back and get a glimpse of the world the way she see's it, especially during a time which I am not usually privy to.

After school we picked up Nana and headed for dinner. MC knew it was her choice so when I asked her where she would like to go, she quickly gave me a reply that somewhat surprised me.  "The train restaurant because it would make Rylan happy." Wow,  Makenna Claire, I love your heart.  We all had a fabulous time and she insisted on wearing her school birthday crown so everyone would know it was her birthday.  Yep, that's my girl..so thoughtful of others and one who loves to be the center of attention.

I will be back tomorrow to finish off her birthday celebration stories. xo, K

1 comment:

Kim said...

What a lucky little girl! All that magic! Love the collage.