Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Happy twenty eleven!  I have never been one to make resolutions on the magical day of Jan first, but one of my goals this year is to stay on top of a few things.

2. Like...this blog.  Not because I feel like I have to, but more because I really, really enjoy our writings and I think it's a really great way to look at bits and pieces of our lives in a snipit of journaling and a few pictures.  And I really love having people tell me they read our blog and enjoy our entries.  Thanks peeps!

3. Like...my picture of the day project.  I loved doing this so much last year, that I decided to continue it in 2011. Only one problem..I'm a bit behind, like a few months behind.  I have the pictures, I have the stories (in my head), but need to get them documented.  My goal is to get December done this week..and to let you know when they are up!  :)

4. But in the meantime, 2011 is ALL up to date!  YEA me.  (hee hee)

5. Proof #1



Welcome New Year!  
We can't wait to see what is in store for us.



6. Proof #2



Cass and I had the house to ourselves to chill, relax and do what our heart desired
 while Scott & the kids hung out at Gaga and Pop pops.
 Quiet house. Heaven, I say.  At least for a day.
Looking through pictures, scrapping, enjoying friend time.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh....
In the husband lottery, I hit the jackpot!


7. Proof #3



MC is suddenly really interested in recognizing letters, writing and spelling
short words.  And to no surprise,  she has quickly caught on.  
She can spell her name (makenna, so far) and can now write it on her own
with just a little talking through.  
She is so very proud of herself and eagerly awaits to tell 
 Miss Diane and Miss Sanya, her  preschool teachers, 
what she has learned over Christmas break!

8. And proof #4


Baby no more..hello little boy!
With Rylan's hair growing so quickly and since I had a desire for it to be
even shorter, we headed over to have his second haircut..this time by the hair stylist
who currently does Daddy's hair.  (stylin kid!)
Rylan did soo very good...not convinced??..look at the pictures below..
(thank you Apple iphone & treats.)
And now he is stylin a very cute, short, little boy du. 
Today I kept looking at him.. thinking...wondering... where has my baby gone.


9. And with life so busy for all of us, I encourage you to take a few moments to enjoy this journey of life and take a few moments to yourself.   A time to think, a time to breath, a time to do whatever you want or nothing at all, a time for you, and just you, to put your stamp on, your time..., although I have to admit it leaves me with a desire for more of it.  Another thing to "stay on top of"?  I. think. so.  And then go back to those you love, and tell them so, because life really is all too short.

10. And after a (couple of) challenging parenting days, this entry was brought to you by a a full glass of wine or so.  Forgive me if some of it does not make too much sense.  Until next time (soon)..xo, K

1 comment:

Nana said...

Love it all, and good for you.....enjoying a glass of wine to complete it.