Sunday, February 7, 2010

POTD.. Picture of the Day

(memories are made from everyday moments like this one..MC and I making our fish lips, which cracks Scott up every time!!!! february 6, 2010)

I have undertook a new hobby this year. NOT like I need another hobby since I can't keep up with my current projects (scrapbooking, photography, photoshop, etc.....); however, I am enjoying this new addition and in one way or the other, it incorporates most of my hobbies.

Welome Project 365! I am taking a picture a day of our daily lives, documenting little things about us, about our day....moments in time that I always want to remember and never want to forget. It may be as simple as sharing breakfast with the kids, or getting a hair cut or as momentous as celebrating a special time with our families. A life changing event or a benign story that makes us who we are at that moment. Neat, huh? So far, I am really enjoying this project and I love that each picture brings me back to that moment in time. Always having my camera available, I am able to capture the things that I normally wouldn't think of photographing . And I am surprised at how much I love these pictures. Memories that I wouldn't normally dedicate to a scrapbook page, or don't have the time to, but are equally as important. So thrilled with the results so far, I can really see this becoming an annual project!

So even though I am having trouble keeping up with life at times, I want to find the time to keep current because I know that one day all these days will be yesterday. And they are too precious not to share. So welcome to another piece of our world and I invite you to share our lives with us.

Just press on the Project 365 Flickr link on the right and I am going to do my best to keep it updated with our current photos, soon to be memories. xoxo, Kelly

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love this Kelly-
I have seen this done before..
I love the idea, I just feel like I wouldn't be able to keep up..UGH!!
How was yesterday, did you get a lot done?

Nana said...

Love it! And really like the fish lips. So great that you capture these moments. xoxo

Mom said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new black background. Keep it! It makes everything else pop, including your Two Peas in a Bucket link! xoxox