Monday, October 13, 2008

We have a new MARATHONER!!!!!!


He ran his first marathon finishing in 3 hours and 59 minutes, ranking in the top 20% of all finishers.  Wowwwwwiieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!  Is that GREAT!!!! 

It was a hot, very Sunny day here in Chicago but he didn't let that stop him.  His smallest, yet biggest, supporter eagerly waiting for Daddy to run on by.
Running with 35,000 friends, makes it very difficult to catch a picture.  Here he is, at 12 miles, coming off the course very briefly to replenish his supplies.
Scott and his groupies!!
Thank you to our possie who supported Scott all the way!!   Mom and the Z's were so great and instrumental in making this a successful event.  Mom was the first one to see Scott at the 3 mile mark.   At a couple points Kirsten ran with me (in her flip flops) to make it to the next mile markers while John and Mom watched the kiddos.  At the end of the race, John was able to find Scott and rescue him from the heat.  We definitely worked as a team to support Scott and I thank each one of you!!!

Congratulations babe...you continue to amaze me.  A triathlon, a century and a marathon all in a matter of months.  What Success and Pride you bring to our family.  You define inspiration. Love you!!!!! xoxoxo

2 comments:

Scott said...

Those pictures were taken a sufficient amount of time after the race...I was in no position to be smiling, let me tell you.

This event, this journey, has not been of my own doing. It is only with the great support of my family and friends that I have made the changes to my life and am doing the things today that are just one incredible feat after the other.

My legs are a little sore today (I don't vault out of my chair, it's more of a gentle easing) and I'm snorking down ibuprofen like candy, but I didn't think it was going to be sunshine and lollipops for a day or two afterwards.

By Wednesday, though, I think I'll take myself out for a lunchtime run...

All my gratitute, thanks and love to everybody who has shared this journey with me. It's not something anybody can accomplish themselves.

A special thanks, though, HAS to be given to the best wife and daughter anybody could ask for. Your support, your encouragement, your reminding me of how special and momentous these milestones are as I reach them help keep me focused and driving towards heights unknown and to know that you are there supporting me every step of the way cannot be put into words. I love you to the moon and back.

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooo proud of you, Scott! You rock!! I am so happy I could be there to cheer you on....even if you did get lost in the sea of people!! You accomplished so much this year and stay focused on your next goal. It is only with that focus that you can achieve huge heights of greatness! Papa would be so proud....I'm sure he was at the finish line watching over you. Love you so much! Mom J